Apologies for the long break in blogging. I am back in London for my second year at LSE and guess what: the girls and I moved into our new flat in Westminster together with our two cats. There was quite a lot of furnishing, cleaning and organizing that needed to be done, so I did not have time to update you. But now that uni has started and the flat is cozy and ready, I am back to blogging! I will be dedicating the next blogpost to my wonderful flatmates, so you can get to know my flat mates and get a glimpse of our life together on the seventh floor overlooking the city (hint, hint… we can see the Big Ben and the London Eye from our window!)
After graduating from UWC this blog was missing a core theme and blogging about my lectures at classes at LSE did not seem diverse enough (but then again, what is diverse compared to UWC, right?). This new academic year, I decided to give it a new direction and blog about the topics that are important to me and that are the main focus of my work, projects and free time. Expect a blog post weekly and feel free to navigate through the tabs that cover these topics on my homepage:
- Tango Argentino: Insights into the beautiful art of Argentine Tango, experiences from milongas all over London and life at the Leandro Palou Tango Academy.
- Arts & Culture: Snapshots of cultural events in the city, performances in the Royal Opera House and exhibitions in art galleries that I have the pleasure to attend.
- Travel & Adventure: More photos, videos and stories from my travels! Upcoming are a weekend in Venice and a flight back to my beloved Southeast Asia, so stay tuned!
- Nature & Environment: Outdoor experiences, unexpected environmental disasters and animal rights issues that accompany my daily life as a Geography student.
- Global Issues & Human Rights: Posts about my recent human rights projects, issues that I feel need to be paid more attention to and happenings in my local community.
- Journal: Thoughts, poems and personal experiences that deserve sharing.
I gave the entire blog a makeover for a cleaner and fresher look and easier navigation through the content. I added an instant-post-loading category menu to the fixed navigation bar on the top of the site that lets you browse the five latest posts from each category instantly, without having to leave the page. The homepage now includes a featured content carousel that allows you to quickly access my featured blogposts and click through them.
The new design is flexible and responsive, meaning your site will scale to fit any screen size, from desktops down to mobile phones. All pages and features have been optimized to work on every device so you can browse and read on the go!
Enough nerdy details, I am sure that by now you have discovered the differences to my design and the change of the site name. Yup, Augenblicke (meaning “fleeting moments in the blink of an eye”) is now called μεράκι (meraki). I am no longer capturing those moments, but rather putting all my love and creativity into the work and projects that deal with the topics mentioned above, and hence I am putting all of that into this blog.
meraki. (Greek. n.) The soul, creativity, or love put into something; the essence of yourself that is put into your work.
I am no longer capturing those moments, but rather putting all my love and creativity into the work and projects that deal with the topics mentioned above, and hence I am putting all of that into this blog. So yes, that’s it for now! Let me know what you think and stay tuned for the next blog post!